How Do I Commission an Oil or Acrylic Painting?
- Take a look through the GALLERY. Do you like the style of the work?
- EMAIL for a consultation. Your needs, vision & budget will be discussed.
How Do I Pay?
- A price for the project and for shipping and handling will be worked out with you in advance. For addresses outside of Calgary AB I ship via Canada Post. Oversize works will require special shipping arrangements.
- I will email you invoices via PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay this invoice. PayPal accepts both Credit and Debit.
- A non refundable 50% deposit is due (example: $1000.00 on a $2000.00 commission) prior to starting work.
- Upon completion and approval of the finished painting the balance of payment ($1000.00 on a $2000.00 commission) is due and shipping of the painting will occur after the final payment is made.
How Long Will It Take to Commission an Oil or Acrylic Painting?
Generally allow 1-6 months for completion of your portrait.
Completion timelines will depend on the complexity of the project and medium chosen. Typically oil paintings take longer to complete than acrylic paintings.
Alternatively, you may elect to present a gift certificate if appropriate.
(guideline only, please contact for a quote.)
|24 x 60:||24 x 45:||24 x 30:||16 x 20:||9 x 12:|
Travel and accommodation, additional sittings or research requirements, framing or shipping are extra. For group portrait, ‘collage’, mural, or other complex commissions, contact for quote.
Debbie Lee is an inspirational artist whom I commissioned to replicate, on canvass, a likeness of my children in the backyard. The colors are brilliant and the likeness is so emotionally moving that I can’t take my eyes off it. Not only did Debbie Lee create what I consider a timeless beauty but she also made me feel good about being a mom. She took the time to sit with me and get a sense of character. Somehow she was able to talk me through the many memories that this picture resembles. My children are young adults now and she was able to subtly “adjust” the picture to depict their most endearing attributes growing up. It couldn’t be more representative of a lifetime of memories and I am just thrilled to hang it on my mantle.
– Michelle C.
One Life Fine Art has opened our eyes to color, vibrancy, texture and creativity. When Debbie started commissioning work we had her do a portrait of our first grandson, the first thing we noticed when we received it is that the hard work Debbie puts into the project makes the portrait come to life so much so that we had her complete another one of him. When we received this we immediately knew that it was done with as much passion as the first. We will continue to capture our families memories through One Life Fine Art.
– Diane and Myron L.
Thank you very much Debbie you have a magic hand. It’s so beautiful I can’t take my eyes on it. I am falling in love each moment I look on it.
-Maria Cristina M.
Hi Debbie. Just wanted to email you and thank you so much. After opening up the package and looking at them again, makes me appreciate how beautiful a job you did on them. I will surely cherish them. Thanks again.